We are getting away for a romantic long-weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary... kid free! Its been four years since we've gotten away, just the two of us. Cant. Wait.
I get nervous at the thought of driving away without my babies. What if they get homesick? What if something bad happens to them? How will they behave? I trust their caregivers, I spent much time thinking about who would be best placed with whom. So I need to just place it all in Gods hands. I am so looking forward to uninterrupted conversation, being able to go do whatever, whenever, sleeping all night, waking up late, and eating straight through my meal and not having to get up for more drinks for the kids or getting the ranch for dipping sauce, or cutting food, cleaning up messes, telling the kids hundreds of times to hurry up and eat etc etc etc... I cant wait to focus all my attention and time on my man.
On Saturday we leave for Kansas City to go to Worlds of Fun, and whatever else we decide to do. I really wanted to rent a motorcycle and ride it around the city. But alas we dont want to leave our kids orphaned so we nixed that idea. Regardless of what we do, its going to be good times my friends. Just me and my groom. Alone. For three days and two nights. YAY!
*Incase your wondering how Im doing this with a nursing baby, Ive purposely been giving her a bottle every now and then so that she would take one. Then I'll be pumping and dumping.
Aw Julie how exciting to do that!! I know it's totally normal to worry/wonder about the kids but they'll be ok!! Just focus on some wonderful time with your hubby!! Can't wait to hear what you got to do! a
ReplyDeleteYay -- have FUN!!
ReplyDelete