Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Update

My hubby started working 3rd shift. This has broken my FB and Blogging addiction. I dont have tonnes of spare time at night anymore! He leaves at about 9:30 and I check Fb and my blog then do my "chores" around the house. Thats about the only time I get on the computer. I used to get on after he left for work at 1:30 and would have a hard time pulling myself away for the remainder of the day. Now I dont have time and Im not sad about that. Lots more undivided attention for my kids.

Both R and I are peeling like onions from our sunburns. Its crazy. I got burned so bad in some places that I have scabs. Today was the first day that I am completely pain free. Itchy? Yes. Pain? No. We are NEVER spending the day on water again without sunscreen. Never.

Im in the middle of a wonderful book. Its LONG but good. So Im not spending lots of time on the computer but I have had my nose in a book. I forewarned R that thats how I was going to be for a few days when I realized how good the read was going to be.

With R's new shift we have had WAY more family time. Honestly I was having a hard time being a supportive wife about the 3rd shift thing. He explained why he wanted to switch and that helped me be more accepting. Now that the change has happened Im really enjoying it. He can go to all the church services again, even if overtime is required on Sunday. We have time alone for two and a half hours in the evening after the kids go to bed. We had some time alone before but it was late when R got home so we were always so tired. I also can rise with the children and not be exhausted in the mornings. The only negative is sleeping alone and being the one to turn out the lights and check the locks. I have to mentally block all scary thoughts from my mind. Usually I read in bed for a bit before I turn out the bedroom light, then I shut my eyes quick like before I have a chance to look out our bedroom door and see the dark house. Storms are also kind of frightening by myself, but Im learning to be brave.

Im enjoying summertime. We've grilled out several times. Its so nice to sit on the deck while the kids play in our kiddie pool and yard. I also have jumped on the trampoline with them a few times. Thats quite the workout, I have no memory of feeling like I was going to die while jumping on the trampoline in my childhood/teenage years. I'll blame it on having kids.

VBS is next week. Thats always an insanely busy week. R will come home from work and then we will all head straight to VBS. He wont get to sleep till after we get home. It will be tiring. I get to work in the nursery! Yay! Thats the job I enjoy the most. I like snuggling with babies in the nursery and especially my sweet baby girl, whom by the way is rolling all over the place. She also gets up on her hands and shifts her legs around. Look out Hall family we're going to have a baby on the move soon! Shes pretty taken with George. Hes able to make her giggle and she loves to stare at him. Which sometimes makes him laugh till he cries. He thinks her huge eyes are sooooooo funny. And they are, she looks like shes always pushing her eyes open really wide. I really like watching the kids interact with each other (except when they are fighting). Oh by the way George and Blondie are in a huge stage of tatteling. I tell them I dont care (because usually its something really stupid that they are tatteling about, and I really dont care) so I dont make a big deal about anything they're saying but man, they sure do it a lot. Any tips?

Well its time to get back to my book and then go to bed. G'night all!

3 comments:

  1. Tips on the tattling: if they do it and it's not important, and you can tell they are just doing it to do it, I'd give them a consequence. Not a job they normally have to do. Something that might help them remember. Or losing money. Maybe give htem an amount in nickels or something and every time they tattle they lose a nickel (or penny) I would do the same thing with my kids at work- tell them I couldn't hear them when they were tattling on someone and I didn't want to hear it. Nothing is fool proof with kids though! lol Sometimes you have to come up with creative ideas. You don't want to do a consequence with time though (like time out) because kids have a really hard time grasping it (like length and what not) in relation to what they did. they forget pretty fast why they're sitting down. Whereas, if it's an object they're losing like a coin, or having to do a not-fun job, it might make them think twice. With Andrew, I try not to say, "Do you need to lose..." or "do you need a spanking?" etc I just try to say, "Remember, if you're tattling you're going to lose ___" Reminding works better than threats I've found, then don't give chances. act on it after they've been reminded the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and for THAT long comment haha. I don't write short though! I am so not a short writer! Especially with something I explain lol. Hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the sunburn is better!
    We NEED to get together for a park play date someday. This week is crazy for us & it looks like next week is crazy for you! Maybe, the next one. Like, Wednesday the 22nd?
    Have a great day with your hubby and kids!

    ReplyDelete