Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What to Write?

Im having trouble with my blog right now. Anything I think to write seems kind of shallow in wake of my sister losing her baby...

Life has been going on.
Happy nearly got her arm broken. I thought about writing a post about that. As tragic as it was to see her crying and in pain (and it was tragic, shes so sweet it nearly broke my heart). It just doesnt seem blog worthy right now.
Blondie said a few silly things... Definately not blog worthy.
George during the burial was going around sitting with people that were crying and hugging them. Very sweet, but not something to write a post about.
Tiny still isnt potty trained. Things keep coming up... Is it something to write a blog post about? Not really.

What has impacted me and maybe this is blog worthy is the importance of relationships. The support that my sister, parents, and I have is CRAZY good! Im just the sister and people have been offering me food, comfort, and prayers. Its amazing how many people care. I just love the body of Christ. You dont realize how wonderful it is until you experience a tragedy. I got a taste of it when Happy was in the NICU. So many friends, so many prayers.

Friendships have been deepened. Family members are appreciated more. The small things that I used to worry about dont seem to matter as much...
Please keep praying for my sister.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, I am praying often & hard!!!

    It is true that in the middle of a hard season of grief the small things seem so trivial and unimportant (and I haven't lost like your family has!). I understand the "shallow" feeling.

    However, I truly believe God wants us to delight in and enjoy the children he gave us & the world he created. Those tiny things are each a memory that God allowed in your life. Don't be afraid to share even the little shallow stuff. Like tomatoes {wink & grin}. You and your children will be glad to have the memories of the tiny things you lived in the middle of this grief.

    Oh dear, I hope this doesn't feel like I am "lecturing"? I just want you to know that it blesses me to hear the hard stuff & the shallow stuff in my friends life. Kind of the "weep with those to weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice" thing. Share both!

    So nice to see you yesterday. I feel so bad about the wrong address! Next week I am glad we will have more time.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you ALL!!! And keep on blogging.... some day you will wish you had written down what George did, or some of the things Blondie said, or that Tiny is being such a stinker with potty training, and that Happy was hurt, and not sleeping, and gave a certain Nanna a much needed baby fix! : )

    ReplyDelete