Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Today I piled my four kids into the van to do some grocery shopping. Theres a store in our state that sells groceries for very cheap. We dont get there all the time because they dont have everything that we need. I prefer to go to one store, get it all and go home (especially since I have kids to lug in and out of stores). Today I was grocery shopping for the whole month (trying to see if that will help our outrageous monthly grocery spending) instead of for the week which I normally do. Anyway, I went to that store today, after that I went to Kohls. George, Blondie, and Tiny all needed new shoes so seeing as I had THREE $10 Kohl's cash coupons I went to Kohls for the shoes. I indeed found some, I spent $25 on three nice pairs of shoes! I have a love/hate relationship with that store. They have some GREAT deals but it seems I normally spend so much money because the deals are so good. After that we headed to Walmart to get the stuff that I couldnt find at the first store. By the end of our Walmart stint the kids were getting REALLY restless. No naps on top of 4 hours of shopping was to much. We got home and Happy was hungry, I brought her into the house in her car seat so I could haul a months worth of groceries inside without having to worry about stepping on her. She cried the entire time I carried the groceries in and then proceeded to cry the entire time I put the groceries away (some of the stuff from the first store really needed to be put in the freezer). The three older kids were still bouncing off the walls and Blondie kept wanting this or that, and Tiny was whining about everything, and George was... literally bouncing. In my desperation to rush the wild ones into bed so that I could feed Happy and get rid of my tension headache guess what they got for supper? Pudding and Fruit Roll Ups. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is all about survival!!! You will be so glad you write down stuff like this someday.

    Oh, and what store is cheaper?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Oh Julie. It's the days like this you'll look back on and chuckle at. Days like this make for amazing stories later. Your kids will think you were the most awesome mom ever for giving them pudding and fruit roll ups! Sometimes you just gotta survive! And if that means blowing a gasket or giving them pudding & fruit roll ups for dinner, I'd totally vote the latter! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I cannot even imagine. I am finding with 3 that I have to let the baby cry more often than I'd like, and I HATE it! :( If I think I'm busy with 3, I can't imagine how busy you are! :) Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete