Friday, August 12, 2011

Ive Fallen Off the Bandwagon

Just an update on my "weight loss" (I use those quotation marks because there has been no weight loss). Ive derailed and I derailed early on. This summer has been insanely busy and we've had LOTS of company and big things going on. It makes it hard to eat right when your fixing food for large groups or eating out a lot or eating on the run. Exercising has been nearly impossible (I also dont want to do my workout DVD in front of people, how awkward would that be?). Starting after my parents leave (next Saturday), there isnt any company coming, and things will slow down... I will begin my weight loss plan once again.

In other news we have some good friends staying with us this week. Its been fun to see our kids play together and get caught up on each others lives. My parents have been here too. They leave next week. It will be sad because there isnt anything big to bring them this way for a long time :o(

I think Ive gotten more tan this summer than I have been since we lived in Hawaii (highschool days). Theres been painful sunburns to produce my bronze skin but its kind of fun to be the tan one in the picture instead of the pale one (which is usually the norm).

Since Ive confessed one failure I might as well share another. Ive started and stopped potty training Tiny three or four times. Sad. So after my parents leave that is the new goal along with my weight loss is to get her potty trained. She knows what she has to do, she goes potty every time I stick her on the toilet, its just the transition to her knowing she cant go in her pants and that she needs to tell me when she needs to go. Bleh, I am the worlds most UNmotivated potty trainer. Its such...
a process.


(cousins watching tv together- Smiles, Curly, Blondie, and Tiny)

4 comments:

  1. That's kind of funny! I'm not at all good at keeping to a diet... sigh... I have been very bad at drinking water too - it's just too cold, I'd rather have tea or coffee ;-)
    It must be nice to watch your kids play with your friends' kids, I wish we had more friends closer to us, so my kids could do the same.

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight loss is such a struggle for me too, although I have a lot more I need to loose than you do!! Hope you have enjoyed your busy summer for the most part and can get back on track. This summer has been hectic for us too and now that the girls are back in school things seem to have calmed down a bit, at least for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, I know it!
    My struggle is not eating more than I need, or especially not eating in the evenings when I'm relaxing and just want to eat something!
    I also do not exercise, but I plan on walking when the kids are in school. We'll see if I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!! I've been slacking on losing weight too. I'm terrible at keeping resolutions, especially to do with food! At least we have husbands who love us no matter the weight :-)

    A tip a friend told me about tanning- use tanning oil. It will prevent sunburn and get you tan! The burn is no fun!!

    ReplyDelete