Friday, August 26, 2011

Untitled (because I cant think of a title)

So I started potty training Tiny AGAIN. This time Im sticking to it, there isnt any more company on the horizon and I ran out of diapers the other day for Tiny and only had pull ups. Buy more diapers or finish potty training a two and a half year old who is more than capable of being trained? I opted for finishing what I started four different times. After two days Tiny has only had two accidents. One of which was while she was playing with her cousins. YAY! I think we are on the home stretch here folks! Having only one in diapers again will be really nice.

Another goal that I wanted to do once things slowed down was get a handle on my weight loss. So Ive been trying to exercise and drink more water. My hubby and I are only going to drink 1 pop together when we eat as a family. By the way, he didnt have pop for 24 hours and lost 4 pounds. How sickening is that? I cant believe how easily he loses weight. I on the other hand have to do the whole enchilada, as in eat good, exercise, drink lots of water and maybe lose a pound a week.

Tomorrow a bunch of friends and family are doing a SIDS walk that a neighboring city is putting on. Its neat the number of people who are turing out to support my sister and and remember her sweet baby boy.

Monday Im going to start up school again with George. We had a total of 2 weeks off this summer :o) I know right?

Blondies Astro Boy number two now has broken legs like her first Astro Boy. I was able to tape it all together so if she plays with it carefully it should stay together for awhile. I found another one on Amazon, but like the one she has it is pricey. Thankfully I have swag bucks saved up so Im thinking an Astro Boy number 3 would make her exceedingly happy for her birthday.

Aaaand Ive been meaning to ask my readers what they do for their devotions. To be perfectly honest this summer Ive been rather lazy with having a quiet time. When we had nothing to do and no one to see I didnt want to sit and focus on anything deep. I did read a long book so I could have been more faithful but wasnt. ANYWAY, just wondering what you all do for your quiet time.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for potty training! Andrew was about 2 1/2 when he was potty trained. It's a good age. If you wait much longer they start getting stubborn and then it's really really hard.

    For devotions, sometimes I'll download stuff from sermon audio and listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devotions can be rough for me too. Lately I have been reading through "The Joyful Christian" which is a collection of readings from C.S. Lewis. They are short, less than a page, which is nice. They give me some food for thought. And then I read a portion of Scripture and journal for a bit. I used to be super strict in the way I did devotions, but I am trying to let go of that now and really just have it be a time of relationship between me and Jesus. I am still trying to figure out what that looks like, but that's part of the fun. :) I would love to hear what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...i love your blog background! Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm facing potty-training Jordan now. So far he's refusing to do anything I ask.... ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the comment about not being 'strict' with my devotions- with my newborn and the other 2 still so little, I never know when or if I'll get much time for devos but I try to read a chapter of Scripture or several if I have time, and underline verses that stand out to me. But in this busy season of life, my actual dependence on Him is growing, and I spend a lot of time in prayer during nursing sessions. :)

    ReplyDelete