Monday, September 26, 2011

Am I Becoming a... *Gasp* Coffee Addict?

For my three decades on earth I have watched coffee drinkers with a bit of envy. It always looked so fun to sit and chat over the steamy beverage. I just couldnt aquire a taste for it... it was gross... and bitter. I didnt get why people said they couldnt live without it. My parents (especially my Dad) are HUGE coffee drinkers, so you would think that sometime in my growing up years I would start to like it. Nope, not me, I couldnt even stand the "candy coffee".

Then three weeks ago I started my diet. There was a very short list of approved beverages: Water, tea, and coffee. Im sorry to all you tea drinkers out there but thats a drink that I just cant make myself enjoy. So my hubby and myself (he wasnt on the diet but he started drinking coffee with me, he also was not a coffee lover) started brewing a pot of coffee at supper. The first day I waited for the coffee to cool and chugged, then shuddered, "How do people like this stuff?" I asked, my hubby was laughing at me. HE got to put several spoonfuls of sugar in his. As the days passed I slowly started to somewhat enjoy the coffee... Now I find myself often stopping at McDonalds and getting a coffee to go. Sooo *weird*. McDonalds coffee is my Dads favorite. Ive been told by others that its horrible, but its actually my favorite as well.

Today I went to Starbucks and bought these:

Who would of thought it? That I would be buying "on the go" containers for coffee (one for me and one for him)?

I still dont like it, but I enjoy it... Strange. I can only imagine how much more tasteful it will be when I can put some cream and sugar in it... *exciting*!

By the way, Ive lost almost 18 pounds!!

6 comments:

  1. That is definitely one of those things... lol you don't get it until you do it several times. WAY TO GO losing weight!! That's an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a tea drinker for years and now I've totally gone off it! I am into coffee now, but only Enrista Coffee (which I think is bad for my diet - ahem!)
    I think it's easier to lose weight in pounds than in kilograms - it goes faster...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on losing weight!!! I remember growing up watching my mom drink at least a pot of coffee a day and thinking it was gross, but now as an adult I enjoy a cup whenever I can, which isn't very often. Have thought about buying a small pot so that I can enjoy some when Chris is deployed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! I started out with gas-station cappuccino (mostly hot chocolate...), then moved on to 'candy coffee' like you said - now I drink coffee almost every day - iced, with Splenda & skim or 1 percent milk - it's not very many calories that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,coffee-- I have TRIED to like it a few times, but it must be beyond my maturity level :). Tea for me, or even more so, hot cocoa. Definitely not diet food!

    And good job sticking to your diet! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete