Friday, October 14, 2011

A Beautiful Moment In Time

My sister and I planned to get together today at her place. I pulled up to her house and she wasnt there. After calling her and finding out she was still at Walmart but nearly done I decided to just wait. The kids saw that her lawn was covered in leaves from their two huge trees. George asked if he could get out. I said sure. Blondie and Tiny werent far behind him in exiting the vehicle. I rolled the window down to watch them play. Immediately I regretted not having my camera. Tiny and Blondie were running around and throwing leaves in the air, the vibrant yellow, red, and orange leaves were falling around them as my golden haired girls raced around, throwing them again and again. George set to work making a leaf fort. He carried arm loads of leaves from various parts of the yard and dumped them in a pile in front of one of the trees. I smiled as I watched him. He always has a task to work on. No wasting time for that boy. My normally reserved, quiet Tiny kept running around the yard with pink cowboy boots, her blonde ponytail was bobbing as she ran. She had a face splitting smile, and the most pure musical laughter to go with the smile. Soon she too started to carry loads of leaves to the "fort", helping her big brother. Taking a break here and there to run and laugh. My free spirited Blondie just kept dancing around the yard throwing leaves and letting them fall while she kept her arms stretched up toward Heaven. Randomly she would let out screeches of joy, as she jumped and trwirled. Happy bounced on my lap as she clung to the window. Her little head was turning this way and that as she watched her siblings pass by. She would let out loud happy noises and waves with her arm, letting the kids know she too was a part of the fun. They would bring her sticks, rocks, or leaves not forgetting their youngest playmate. Blondie came to us more than once giving me gifts of yard items, saying they were the most beautiful and her most favorite ones. George appeared at my window with sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks asking me to come help him build his fort. Why not? So I popped Happy on my hip and went and helped build a leaf fort. George and Tiny working with me and Blondie skipping around as she threw leaves in the air. It was an unplanned, beautiful moment in time.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Embracing the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the pictures on MY camera are just as beautiful as your moment was:o) Now to post them on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you love your life and family... :) and how you take it all in as something to be thankful for...I love those moments. Those moments you wish would just last forever and that you try to burn in your memory...

    ReplyDelete