Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My "Super Kids"

I have vivid memories from my childhood of going to my mom or dad and asking them to tie my blanket around my neck... Once that was accomplished I would leap off the couch as high as I could pretending to fly... My kids do the same thing...

Im trying to learn to sew, I see a lot of my friends making the cutest things for their kids and am always wishing I could make MY kids stuff. Ive been "trying" to learn to sew for quite some time but lacked the confidence to just do it. Anyway, I thought my kiddos would get a kick out of their own super hero capes and shirts. So I went for it, I sewed, FROM MY OWN HEAD (no pattern, and if you look closely you would be able to tell it was from my head), a cape and shirt for my kids! They wore them for three days straight, I made them NOT wear them today because it was getting embarrassing how dirty the shirts were getting.

I sewed the cape, then went to Walmart and got clearanced shirts for $2 and sewed letters onto the shirts. The capes attach to the shirts with buttons (that way I dont have to worry about the kids getting strangled with strings on the capes). I was going to save the capes and shirts for Christmas presents for the kids... Alas, I couldnt wait that long :o) They got them the very same day that I sewed them. I just have to say, Happy looks SO stinking cute crawling around in her cape. George thinks his cape helps him run faster :o)

8 comments:

  1. They look great to me - well done! It's funny how they can love the simplest of things - it makes me wonder why I don't do more of them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! Great job!
    **I never usually point out a spelling error, but you might want to check the word "shirt"... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN is that?! And Mama-made shows them how much you love them! Well done, my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and fun! My little super heros are TOTALLY getting capes for Christmas. Judging by how much they have been (already) wearing their superhero Halloween costumes, the capes are going to be a good hit. Good idea on the letters :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute - you are SUCH a fun mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable! Sewing is a skill I would love to learn but don't know if it will ever happen. This is a memory you and the kids will have forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU are SO creative! LOVE the button idea! You're a fantabulous mommy!

    ReplyDelete