Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Night Angels Rejoiced

Our family was all piled onto Georges bed. R and I took turns reading the kids devotional. Periodically we would stop and ask questions to make sure the kids were listening. After we finished we all took turns praying. George thanked God for his toys and each person in the family, Blondie prayed about deep things like what she wants for Christmas. Tiny always says "Me too!" and then mumbles a couple words and says "Amn" (its very cute). Then we sang a few songs. I got all warm and fuzzy watching my sweet family, Happy was crawling around back and forth on R's chest chewing on the devotional book, whenever we started a new song her beautiful green eyes would get really big. She would let out loud noises like she was singing too. R and George were laying sprawled on the bed with their heads sharing a pillow. Tiny and Blondie were belting out the songs holding their toys and moving them like the toys were singing too. Tiny had her ballerina doll and an Astro boy "dancing" on R's belly, Blondie was rocking and hugging her toys. After we finished I whispered to R that I thought Blondie was really close to understanding salvation. I was just scared to push her to much. The night before I really thought she was ready but wanted R to talk to her. So I left with Tiny and Happy to get them put to bed. R called me in about 15 minutes later and said she was ready to pray. Right there in Georges room Blondie asked Jesus to be her Savior. She was very matter of fact about the whole thing. We talked to her and asked her questions afterward and she seemed to understand it all. R said, "Someday you'll go to Heaven" Blondie says "I know" Such assurance! What a blessing that two of our kids have now trusted Christ, may Tiny and Happy one day too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's super exciting! Now I'm even more bummed ya'll weren't able to be there for church tonight :-( Guess I'll have to see her sometime later. I rejoice to read that blog post about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! Ju! THAT IS SO GREAT! I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes! Praise the Lord! I'll have to remember to tell her how excited I am for her when I see her on Friday! That's SUCH an important thing! I don't want to embarrass her, but I just want to let her know I'm celebrating with her!!!! :D Oooooooh, that is THE most exciting thing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete