This is one of those pictures that you wish would just dissapear... Instead Im posting it on my blog, Im embracing the awkward.
One of the biggest mistakes of my life was cutting my hair.

And then getting a perm. Along with the scary hair I wore that red sweater almost every day. My older brother once asked me if I had any other clothes (true story). I love that I have a picture of myself in it, haha!


My perm was so tight it never did fall out, it had to grow out. For awhile I had half straight hair and half permed hair. It was lovely. Unfortunately I cant find any pictures of that stage. About a year and a half after I got the perm my mom finally gave me a straightening perm. That helped a lot.

Who else out there was awkward? Come on you know you want to post pictures of it on your blog too!
Oh my word I was SUPER awkward, in 6th grade especially! I did not have a perm until 8th grade (triangle hair, always a bad decision), but wow, I have one picture with braces & zits & a hot pink/green 'kitty sweater'. Wow. It is not going ANYWHERE near the internet - you are brave! :) Whenever someone says my sweet Natalie looks like me, I think of that picture & think, "Oh, poor her!" :)
ReplyDeleteOH julie!!! (i mean lulu!) those pictures are exactly how i remember you. and i was just as awkward, as you know! remember my purple framed glasses? i think gr. 7 was the year that i decided to grow my bangs out and that was quite the sight. still, i have to say, you always looked beautiful in my eyes :)
ReplyDelete