On Friday I was in a cleaning frenzie. My parents were coming on Saturday and the house was in need of a good deep cleaning. I mopped on my hands and knees, cleaned the bathrooms top to bottom, vaccuumed, changed sheets, did laundry, dishes, wiped off the counters, the fronts of all the appliances, etc. That evening I went to the restroom and spotted quite a bit. I was sure I was miscarrying the baby. I went to R and told him. I laid on my left side, then started crying and pretty much couldnt stop the rest of the evening. Saturday I was still spotting so when R got home from work in the morning we decided I should go to the Urgent Care and see if they could find a heartbeat. I went by myself since we would have had to take all the kids with us, which if there was a long wait it would be obnoxious. So I went. They sent me to the E.R. because at the Urgent Care they didnt have the tools needed to check for heartbeats or ultrasound machines. So I went to the E.R. They hooked me to an IV and then sent me to have an ultrasound. I was laying there and the screen was faced away from me. I asked "Is the baby alive?" She turned the screen toward me and I saw a tiny little heart beating on the screen. Sweet relief overtook me and I prayed over and over in my head, thank you Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you.... After consulting with the doctor they said that I had a tear in my euteran wall and I was hemmoraging a little bit from it. The baby is fine! The heatbeat was slower than they like BUT Im not 12 weeks along like I thought, Im only 6. They said since Im just a few weeks along the babies heartbeat sometimes is slower there at first. God is so good! Sidenote here, while R was watching the kids Happy started choking on a toy about the size of a thumb nail, when R tried to get it out of her mouth he accidently pushed it furthur down her throat. THANKFULLY it went all the way down and didnt lodge in her airpipe. So she has a toy someplace in her digestive system. R sounded a little shook up when he called me and told me what happened :o) Anyway, I think the spotting was due to over extending myself, so I will definately be careful not to do that again.
My parents arrived Saturday evening. On Sunday morning we went to my sisters church to watch her kids in the Christmas program then that evening we all went to our church and watched the Hall kiddos in the program. Like every other year my kids stood up there looking freaked out and not saying anything. We missed all the practices so George tried to participate but didnt know the words. R leaned over and whispered "Are you proud of yourself now for not taking the kids to the practices?" Haha! They looked cute up there though ;o) We've been so busy since my parents arrived I havent kept up on blogging and facebook. Its been so fun to see them again though! I even have gotten to sleep in the past couple of mornings! Im feeling spoiled :o)
Incase I dont get on here again until Christmas I hope each of you have a Merry Christmas!
My favorite Christmas song.
*Spelling is my worst subject and the spell check isnt working... Sorry!*
praying for that sweet little babe, that God will keep him or her safe for the next 8 months. love you!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful the baby is okay right now!! What a relief.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you too! :)
I love your new blog background. Great colors! Praise God for keeping your little ones safe :-) We had my dad's family over for Christmas yesterday and I know what you mean about cleaning the house. It can be hard work! I hope you can take it easy and enjoy time with your relatives. Merry Christmas, Julie!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Julie, I'm so glad your baby is okay! What a surprise to not be as far along as you thought! Praying you & baby continue to be healthy & have a blessed Christmas! :)
ReplyDeleteLove that story about R asking you if you were proud of yourself:o) Too funny...
ReplyDelete