You would think since I have four kids I would be able to accurately read the pregnancy signs... That apparently is not the case.
Im still nursing Happy and its been nearly full time nursing. So having a pregnancy with no planning while Im nursing just didnt really seem possible. With all my other kids I always thought "How fun would it be to have an oopsy baby?" I was a smidgen envious of people who didnt even plan their pregnancies, they just happened. I have to stop nursing, go to the doctor, get on some chlomid, do the counting days and all that fun stuff. I have had so many read into the "signs" running to the store and getting a tester only to have it be negative that I think this time I just chose to ignore the signs, you know? Ive been having weird dreams, like one night I dreamed, VIVIDLY, that our very nice (but not nice in my dream) neighbor was scratching around our bedroom window trying to see in the curtain. I woke out of a dead sleep scared out of my head. I could actually hear the scratching. It was creepy. Theres been other strange real-like dreams. Then Ive had insomnia, but I struggle to get to sleep often even when Im not pregnant... Needing to nap almost every day is another sign that I chose to ignore. Frequent bathroom trips (even at night)... The list goes on. I hadnt had my monthly since October so I wasnt completely unaware that *possibly* I might be pregnant, but Im nursing so thats not totally abnormal... Last weekend I decided to get a pregnancy tester to just know for sure. I got one, R and I stared at it in anticipation, and it was a dud, the tester didnt work. Oh well, I thought. I'll try again next week. A few days ago I turned weird and a muscle in my lower stomach pulled. That happens ALL THE TIME when Im pregnant. R looked at me with raised eye brows, I excused it away and didnt give it another thought... I turned weird, its bound to happen. On Sunday we were supposed to bring an egg bake to Sunday School for breakfast. I made one in the crock pot. The last time I made this recipe I LOVED it. I ate it with excitement and looked forward to leftovers. So when I got up I was all excited to eat the egg bake, I went out to the kitchen lifted the lid off the crock pot, I took a huge wiff... And almost puked. During church I kept thinking it odd that I almost got sick over eggs. I love eggs. I also had been noticing that my pants have been kind of getting snug around the waist even though I hadnt gained any weight. So whilst my family took Sunday afternoon naps I ran to Walmart and picked up a tester. I nervously used the tester... and... It was positive! Baby due sometime, maybe in July? Im not entirely sure when the due date is :o) A fun Christmas surprise for sure!
What fun to finally get your surprise baby!!! So happy for you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSitting here grinning-- so happy for you all!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fun story! And you've already gotten through what always seems like those really sloooooow first weeks :) Congratulations!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful Julie! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteFelicity
(PS - none of mine were planned ;-) )
So happy for you, Julie! What a precious little gift for your family.
ReplyDeleteOH, I'm so excited for you!!! I was thinking of how hard you've had to try for your last 3 and I'm so glad you were able to have a fun, exciting surprise baby!! :) About a year ago we announced that Davey was on the way - he was a surprise, too, who we found out about the day after Thanksgiving! :)
ReplyDelete