Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Date

On Saturday our church had their annual Sweetheart Saturday, its free babysitting for kids so that parents can go out around Valentines Day. I LOVE it and look forward to it every year. Its so nice to not have to look for a babysitter and the kids always have a tonne of fun. Its also fun because there isnt enough time for the typical dinner and a movie (its from 5:30-9 and the nearest city is about 20 minutes from the church) so you have to come up with something more creative to go with dinner. This year we went to a nice Japanese Steakhouse. I got a really good chicken dish. The only downfall was mine was placed on a cast iron type plate and my meal was still smoking hot by the end! R was pretty much done eating and I held up a piece of my chicken to him and it was letting off large amounts of steam, still, at the end of the meal! Im generally a large and fast eater so this made me slow down, which made me full faster and therefore I got to take home leftovers. After we ate we went to a game type center where we went bowling. Im a terrible bowler, I still like it though. In high school we had fundraisers for a trip we were taking. One fundraisers was a bowl a thon, you get people to give you a certain amount of money for every point you bowled. I bowled a 53. Yeah. Last night though I got 85! Every time I waited for the ball to come back I would go over and give my hubs a little smooch and cuddle. Whenever he got a strike or spare I would clap and cheer for him. Good times. After we bowled we went and played lazer tag! That was something we sometimes did in college so it was even more fun and somewhat romantic since it was something from our past that we did together. *bragging here* There were 11 guys and 1 little boy and me who played the game. I ranked FOURTH! Ohhhh yeah! R got third, he shot the poor little boy 21 times (hes heartless isnt he?) so if it wasnt for that I probably would have beat R too :o) He claims he kept going around the corner and the kid would be standing there so he had to shoot the kid before the kid shot him... Still. Poor kid. After we got done with that it was almost pick up time, so we got some ice cream and ate it on the drive to the church. Ahh, such a fun night! We held hands and talked without getting interrupted, or having to tell the kids to talk quieter because I cant hear. R told me many times that I looked beautiful. We just had FUN, you know? R is truly my favorite person to hang out with. Just love that man to pieces.

I devoured my leftovers when we got home, incase you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that sounds like such a great date!! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! I would like to play lazer tag.

    ReplyDelete