Thursday, February 23, 2012

Surgery Scheduled and Scary Revolving Doors

Today we met with the ENT to see if Tiny needs her tonsils out. He said that they were huge and smashed together and said that she would get sick far less if she got them out. He said that she could grow out of the problems, but we would have to wait and see. We decided to go ahead and get them out. When she gets strep throat we dont even know that she has it until she spikes a really high fever (she once had a fever of 106 before we even knew that she was sick). Those scare me. Hes also going to take out her adenoids. Im really nervous about the surgery. Our Tiny is a sensitive soul. If you think about it pray for our girl on Wednesday the 29th. This emotional pregnant momma may be a bit of a wreck, I dont think I would be as anxious if she wasnt so timid. Gods timing is perfect though, my mom was already planning on coming this Saturday and shes staying a week. She'll be here and can watch the other kids while R and I go to the surgery, and then will be able to help out while I love on Tiny after the surgery. Im very thankful for that.

The building that the specialist was in had a huge automatic revolving door. Going in was smooth sailing with all the kids. When we were leaving miss sensitive scared of everything (aka Tiny) ran a little bit ahead of us and got stuck in her own section of the door. She started freaking out and actually tried to shove herself into our part. She stopped the doors from revolving in her attempt to get to us and she was BAWLING. R was telling her to go so that we could get to her but she wasnt budging, so he started shoving on the door to get it moving. George, Happy, and I managed to get into the same section as R but Blondie somehow missed it. All the sudden I hear a wailing "MOMM-Y!! MOOOOOOMMY!!" Blondie was stuck in the one behind us. She was crying her head off pushing on the door. So in front of us Tiny is wailing and smashing her tear streaked face on the window and behind us Blondie is wailing and doing the same. I suddenly found it HILARIOUS and started laughing really hard! Tiny was finally released from her door and we were able to get out of ours, R scooped her up and she cried till we got to the van. Blondie then was released from her door and she too cried till we got to the van. I smiled almost all the way home. Kids are so fun :o)

Be praying for Tiny to be really brave on Wednesday. Pray for me to be brave for her, at least until shes out of sight :o)

6 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you Julie! I hope it all goes smoothly and that you'll have lots of strength and courage for the day.
    (I had my tonsils out at 3 after getting tonsillitis every 3 weeks! I was a very healthy child after that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing at that story!! Great! Definitely praying for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha Julie! My sons are incapable of properly using a revolving door-- as we discovered at the airport last month. I am laughing so hard.

    Praying your little one's surgery goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to see humor in the situation - this will be a story they too can laugh about later. Will be praying for your little one and you for next week. Love, Heidi's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of prayers for tiny and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny Julie! But sorry to hear she will have surgery. I am sure that will be hard for you. She is so little and sweet. I hope it takes care of all the sickness. I'll be praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete