Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whats Been Going On

We've had the stomach flu in our house this week. It started with George, then R and I, then Happy, then Blondie. Tiny hasnt gotten it yet, I really hope she doesnt. We've been puke free for over 24 hours so *Im hoping* its past. Blondie was a bit of a train wreck yesterday. She doesnt handle being sick very well. She also doesnt aim for her puke bucket either. Poor R had to clean up several of her messes, I just cant do it being pregnant. I tried to clean up one of Georges messes (which afer the first time, I think it took him by surprise, he did very well getting to a toilet. He said that during the night he had puked and kept it in his mouth till her got to the toilet. Wow! Impressive :o)), and just the thought of cleaning it up as I was headed to the bathroom made me start heaving. My hubs didnt complain about it and was very efficient. Back to Blondie. She whined the whole day about her tummy. I told her that she could watch a movie with me after Daddy went to work. She was sort of excited about it. She got sick a few times during the movie then just turned more and more into a wreck. Part of my plan was to keep her up so she didnt get sick in her bed (the flu with each of us except Georg was violent for a few hours then you didnt get sick anymore, you still felt bad but the puke was gone). After the movie got over I put her in bed and she kept whining with her eyes almost closed because she was so tired. I was like "Go to sleep it will help you feel better" As the night went on she woke up like she was a newborn! About five times. No joke. Only one time it was to puke. The other times were for no reason really. She was crying one time and I finally was like "Blondie! Go. To. Sleep." She then said "BUT I DONT WANT TO DIE!" What?! I assured her that she wasnt going to. I dont know if she felt so bad that she thought she would die if she went to sleep or what but, ohmyword. The next day she was of course tired. So was I. She fell asleep on the couch with her barf bucket. She woke up and started complaining, I felt her head and she had a fever. So I gave her some medicine. About an hour later she kind of perked up and felt her head and then said "My brain feels a lot better!" Blondies puke bowl was on the ground and Happy had just had the flu the day before. She crawled over to the bowl and stuck her head over the edge and was acting like she was heaving into it. She even sputtered her lips like she was getting the rest into the bowl! It was really cute (shes only 13 months old) :o)

George was doing school and he had to use three words to describe his mom. He said, beautiful, fun, and loving. I was thinking it was so sweet, and felt myself sit a bit higher. Awhile later he had to make a sentence using the word "big" I thought he was going to say something like "the rock was big" Or "the big machine" or something like that... No he sits there for a minute and uses this as his sentence "My mom is so big and heavy that I cant pick her up" Hahaha! Wow. I kind of chuckled and he laughed his head off after that.

Our laptop went to the computer graveyard with our desktop. A friend is lending us their laptop. I cant believe how fast it is! Both our computers were really old and have had issues for awhile. Ive forgotten what its like to not sit and wait every time you do something different on it. We were without the Internet for a couple of days. It was actually kind of nice.

Today I sanitized all our bathrooms and changed bedding of the sick. The kids also all got baths. Yesterday I was caught up on laundry but today its already starting to pile up. Im hoping the sanitizing and bedding changes will help all the germs to leave. Yesterday it was really nice so I opened the windows, Im hoping the fresh air will drive the bug away too.

Well, I should get to bed.

PS I just reread this and I talk a whole lot about puke, sorry.

4 comments:

  1. Probably the only time I wonder if smaller families are easier is when stomach bugs hit..!!
    I hope you're all soon over it, and feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to get everything all fresh and clean? The flu is one of my least favorites!! Yay for having sweet friends to lend you a laptop! When I switch back to my old desktop it's always an adjustment to sssslllloooww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh--- sorry about your week, that sounds awful! I hope it's all gone now. Glad you have a laptop to borrow- it would be hard to be weeks without internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope these last few days everybody has started feeling much better! That sounds like no fun at all. Still it's great to read a post from ya. Keep on writing - hopefully next time with less "puke" involvement, haha.

    ReplyDelete