The joys of this pregnancy:
-The feel of my husbands warm big hands occasionally caressing my stomach
-The shock and excitement of the ultrasound results
-The tiny flutters tickling the inside of my belly, that are becoming more frequent
-Georges prayer the day that we told him the baby was a boy "Dear Jesus, thank you for the food, for playing, for Mommy, Daddy, Blondie, Tiny, Happy, and Lasso. I love them a lot. And thank you that the baby. is. a. BOY." :o)
-Blondie pressing her mouth to my stomach and talking to her brother "Helllloooooo baby! Hel-loooo" Then asking me if 'the baby brother' can hear her. I told her he could and that if she talked to him a lot he would be born knowing her voice. She continued to talk to him... Seeing as Blondie never quits talking I think he'll know her voice really really well :o)
-Tiny trying to talk to my belly too, then getting nervous because we were watching her.
-George picking out the babies take home outfit, then hanging it in his closet awaiting the arrival of his BROTHER.
-Asking George where in his room he wants the baby to sleep, George carefully thinking and walking around his room. Him ending up right beside his bed and pointing "Right here, because I want to be able to see him" Makes this Mamma's heart smile.
-Pepcid AC and nose spray... Ahhhh. What would I do without these?
-The naming process.... Its ALWAYS been a process with each kid (differing opinions on what is a nice name), when we finally decide on something we both like I think our choices are pretty good. Its just getting to that point :o)
-Blondie trying to hug 'the baby brother', which is just really hugging me
-The kids asking daily when the baby is going to get here
-Being a little worried about when the baby gets here... I KNOW our inquisitive five year old is going to be asking how the baby got out... Any suggestions on what to say? Keep in mind she becomes *obsessed* about things. So if she knew thats what she would play, and talk about, and think about for the next 10 years.
-A bit of nesting is happening, the house is scrubbed and dreaded and put off projects are slowly being marked off my list. Next project, getting Happys baby book and baby calendar done. Its something that I dont enjoy doing but have done with each kid and so it needs to get completed before baby arrives. I need to organize all the books, papers, and figure out what pictures to develop etc. Once I get started I dont anticipate it taking to long, I just need to, well, get started.
I still sometimes forget Im pregnant, its been very comfortable so far. I notice Im starting to be a little less graceful when getting off our couch and bed. My stomach muscles are once again becoming useless. A few things here and there that are starting to say Im getting further along, but really not to much to complain about. Now onto the next half...
Haha umm I don't even have Andrew's baby book done yet soooo yeah ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's good you write everything to track those sweet memories. I love that Blondie tries to hug the new little one already :-)
ReplyDeleteSmart to record the things you want to remember! Though that is what our blogs are all about anyway, huh? A public diary:o)
ReplyDeleteI like hearing about Ry guy...sweet kid!
ReplyDelete