Tiny got lots of love. It was nice having my mom here to help with dishes, bathing the kids and Happys needs.
(This picture is sweet. Poor Tiny wanted to play but just didnt feel well. Blondie and George got their capes out and were running around, Tiny wanted hers too, but she didnt do much besides watch)
This week I was so worn out by the end of the day that my whole body ached and my limbs felt heavy. Since the other two girls were sick and needy at the same time as Tiny, whew, it was exhausting. I had about 10 loads of laundry done and folded, but not put away. Usually when my mom is at our place we stay up way to late talking or playing games. This time we were both so tired by the end of the day we were in bed by 10:30! I got some pretty good sleep except for getting up to give Tiny her pain meds.
On Saturday our church had a Sweetheart Banquet. It was nice that my mom was here because Tiny wasnt having a good day and Blondie might have still been a bit contagious, we probably wouldnt have been able to go. She watched all four kids. Tiny was on the couch when were leaving, when she realized what was going on she ran over to us and started crying holding her arms up. It was really sad. I picked her up and put her beside my mom and just left. I thought it would be the least painful way to go about it. Poor Tiny, she never cries when we leave. My mom said she calmed down pretty quick. We got all dressed up to go, it was fun! There arent many things to go to where you can really really dress up without being overly dressed you know? I was also told that the best dressed couple would get a prize, so I was going for that. (Yay for my high waisted dress that can pass as a maternity dress!)

But for some reason they didnt have that prize... I think we would have won, we looked sharp. I also had a red headband and red nail polish to go with the red accents, but you cant see it in the picture. We had a fun table at the banquet too, it was a good time.
My mom left on Sunday night. I get so jealous, or I should say could get really jealous if I let myself, of people who have their moms close. I am glad though that my parents arent afraid to drive really long distances.
Yesterday I got all the laundry put away, the house all picked up, and sheets changed. The kids' rooms really needed a good picking up and organizing. They were pretty bad, but Blondies room, well I almost fainted when I walked in there. Her room was a PIT! My daughter is a hoarder, thats what Ive decided. It took me nearly an hour to get it cleaned up. When I tell the kids to clean their rooms she "cleans" it but its more like stuffing everything in her dressers, under her bed, and in the closet. The things I found under her bed... Oh my. On her bed, the stuff she sleeps with were things like picture frames, and bunny statues for outside. Not comfortable sleeping companions to me. Shes such a pack rat!
The weather is GORGEOUS today! Im going to open the windows and let the house get aired out. It might help with the sickies that we've had over and over this winter. This has not been a healthy winter for us.
I LOVE your red shoes! They are super cute. (I wore shoes with a slight heel today and several of the African kids were fascinated to no end! I'm not sure why, there's plenty of high-heeled shoes in Africa).
ReplyDeleteGlad it worked out for you to go to the banquet though. Oh, and I found it hilarious that you mentioned Blondie is a hoarder.... Mostly because our family seemed to be stuck on that show before I left for Africa. It was just a funny mental picture.
Anyway, I hope you have a great day, and tell Bondie I say "Hi from South Africa! And do your best on those verses tonight :-)"
You guys looked so great! So glad your mom came to help... have you heard of elderberry? It's very anti-viral and since we've taken it, there has been no sickness here!
ReplyDelete