Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Broken Stuff
This week our lawnmower broke. After getting home with the new one I put a load of laundry in the washing machine. It ran through the cycle and stopped, it didnt drain. We played around with it to no avail. It was broken. I put a post on FB asking if anyone had a washing machine they were getting rid of. Some good friends had one that was being stored in her dads garage. We met and picked up the washer. R got it all hooked up, it ran through the cycles, but it smelled hot and we realized it wasnt spinning. The motor was running but the washer wasnt working. We decided to just get a new washing machine (the laundry room was starting to reek to high heaven from all the wet clothes). Our dog came out of her kennel on Sunday morning with one of her ears down (her ears stick straight up). She also kept scratching it and shaking her head. We thought it might be ear mites but after doing a search online we decided she had an ear infection. SOOOOO this morning R went and got a new washing machine, and later I took the dog to the vet. Can we say an expensive week? $$$$$$$ money is literally flying out the window $$$$$$$!
After getting done with the vet, I came out of the office armed with ear medication for the dog, and $80 poorer. Upon arrival of the van I realized we had a very flat tire. R was at home sleeping without a phone in the room (hes had a hectic few days along with his work schedule). I couldnt call him. The farm vet I took Lasso to was waaaaaay out in the middle of no where. I went to the back of the van to get the tire changing stuff only to find that the jack wasnt in the van! Right when I was thinking to myself "What are we going to do? I have all four kids, am pregnant, no stroller...." A man pulled up. I asked him if he had a jack, he did, and then without me asking or saying anything he changed the tire for me! Im SO glad and very greatful for a stranger willing to help, right at the right time. I didnt have to stand around and wait or anything. The thought "Oh no" came into my head and he came.
Anyhoo, Im hoping nothing else breaks, because now we need a new tire to go along with all our other new stuff. Oh yes, we also have a broken lawnmower and washing machine in our garage that is going to cost a bundle to take to the dump. If anyone wants to take them off our hands we would gladly give them to you.
PS I dont know if anyone else fumbles around trying to figure out the new blogger site, but I do. Still havent found the spell check. Or how to make paragraphs... I also want to change some stuff on my sidebar but have yet to figure out how to do that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish they wouldn't keep changing things... I liked Blogger the way it was.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that man came along and changed your tyre for you - it's good to know there are still such good people around!!
Things always choose to break at the same time - happened to us before too ;-)
Wow, everything going wrong at once- that stinks! I hope next week only brings calm and order ;)
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling with the blogger changes! Most times the change is for the better, but it sure takes a while to figure out....
ReplyDeleteI hope your stuff stops breaking! As nice as it is to get new things ;-) it doesn't sound like great timing. I'm so glad God knows the exact timing of what your family needs.