A couple of weeks ago a friend did a maternity photo shoot for my sister and I (due six weeks apart). I was kind of dragging my feet about it because I really cant stand myself in pictures when Im pregnant, especially how far along I am. My nose swells, not to mention all the other swelling, add to that the weight gain, and it makes for a very unphotogenic Julie. I went ahead and did it and it was A LOT of fun! My sister and I looked online the night before at maternity poses with the guy and found a bunch of really cute ideas. So what started as a sister photo shoot turned into a shoot with our hubbys. I LOVE some of the pictures and actually want to re enact a couple of them once I lose the baby weight! My man looks SO SUPER HOT in a few of the pictures. So hot in fact that I have to pull my album on facebook up and look at them a couple of times a day. I on the other hand... Yeah, not AS bad as the pictures could have been, but definitely not loving the chubby face thing. My sister and I of course got some sister pictures and some with our families. Good times!
We are working on making a bedroom and bathroom in the basement. Its not official "finishing" of the basement, but making walls and such. Its turning out pretty good. Eventually we might put George down there, but for now if we have a lot of guests (which happens quite often for us) we have another room to put some them in so we dont have to put all the kids in one bedroom.
Next week our church is having Vacation Bible School. The kids are pretty excited about it. The week after that we're sending George to camp... I still have a hard time writing that. We werent going to send him so that he could mature another year, but I talked to a friend at church. Shes sending her boy, whom is pretty good buddies with George, and told me who all was going and who was the counselor. By the sounds of it, it sounds like the perfect situation for his first year of camp. Sooooo, hes going to go. George can be a little lost in his own little world so my mommy heart worries that he'll get distracted and wander off and not be where he needs to be, or try swimming on his own and drown. He also can go from 0-100 pretty quick and you have to quite literally say "GEORGE! Settle down!" and mean it and take care of it. Hes not a hyper kid, but when hes super excited, or others are getting him wound up it doesnt take a lot for him to go bazerk. So I think I'll talk to his counselor and just tell him to be really stern with him if need be. Im a little embarrassed what the older boys in the cabin might go home and tell their moms about George. Hes a very neat kid, just unique :o) ... Anyhooo, George is pretty excited and I hope he has a lot of fun. He hasnt been away from us for more than two nights so I REALLY hope he doesnt get homesick.
R has this week off work and I cant believe that its already WEDNESDAY! The days need to slow down a little. Seriously. His next vacation isnt until the baby comes, and my mom will probably be here so it wont be quite the same as having all this time to ourselves. Monday we had a grill out with some friends and family. We had four families over which totalled 25 people! It was a lot of fun! R filled up our inflatable pool for the kids, which was genius. The kids got all worn out playing in that and outside, so when they came in they ate and then went to the basement and watched a movie and were very calm (letting the adults talk), there were 15 kids btw! We have some really neat friends and family. The day was successfully lots of fun.
My mom was here for a few days. She helped me get Happys baby book and one year calender all up to date. We worked on it till the wee hours in the morning. Im so glad for her help because on my own it would have taken at least a week or so. On Tuesday I got all the boy clothes sorted and got rid of a bunch that I probably wouldnt use. I really didnt think we would have another boy so as my sister gave stuff back to me that she borrowed I would just throw them into tubs with zero organization. FINALLY I got my rear end down to the basement and sorted. Now I have all the cute little preemie and zero to three month stuff ready to be washed and put away. Aside from needing to get the baby some pants and jeans (George busted the knees out of all his and my sister needs all the stuff for her baby boy that she bought), Im all ready and organized for the baby to come!
Pregnancy news: Sleep is getting really uncomfortable, heartburn always, movement of baby is lots, waddling- of course, this baby is HIGH- Im wondering how much more my poor ribs can take, I had to take off my ring and watch last week (sadness!), swelling-lots, Plugged nose- 24/7, contracting sometimes so much that it makes me dream about it... Less than 10 weeks to go! Cant. Wait.
This is one of the pictures from the shoot, isnt it cute?! Love it! My last post has one of the pictures too.

No comments:
Post a Comment