-Pain is taking my baby to her 18 month well child check-up and having the doctor find a lump in her tummy.
-Pain is being sent to an ultrasound thinking she had an enlarged liver.
-Pain is getting a call from the doctor to go immediately to the hospital, pack a bag, and call my husband.
-Pain is driving to the hospital in silence with my husband, not knowing what to say, fears blaring through both our minds.
-Pain is getting a CAT SCAN done on my baby girl.
-Pain is hearing the word cancer coming out of the doctors mouth, feeling my heart stop, and trying to wrap my mind around the fact that our baby girl has an inoperable cancerous tumor near her spine.
-Pain is comforting my baby while getting poked and proded, and not being able to explain why we dont stop the pain.
-Pain is crying out "NO!" while coming out of sleep because I remembered that my baby girl has CANCER and the next day she was having surgery.
-Pain is my husband waking up to my sobs, then wrapping our bodies as tightly as possible together and crying in each others arms.
-Pain is sitting in bed with our backs against the wall talking about the "if's" and planning on what kind of attitude we were going to have through this journey God had thrust us into.
-Pain is saying "We will enjoy our girl, no matter how long we have with her. We dont want to have regrets about being sad all the time. We need to be strong for her."
-Pain is falling back into a restless sleep.
-Pain is waking the next day and handing my girl over to the surgeons to have surgery on three different places on her little body.
-Pain is listening to her cry, weak from pain, and not being able to take it away.
-Pain is sending her into more tests the next day, that will cause her more pain. And not being able to touch her or comfort her due to radiation in her body.
-Joy is knowing we have hope in a Saviour.
-Joy is knowing that He has a plan, even through this difficult journey.
-Joy is holding my husbands hand through this awful time.
-Joy is seeing the love my husband has for his whole family.
-Joy is finding new friends in a difficult time.
-Joy is having friends and family willing to help with anything.
-Joy is having another day with our beautiful girl.
-Joy is the community of Christ.
-Joy is knowing that there are SO MANY people praying for us.
-Joy is being blown away by the generosity of others.
-Joy is knowing that even if we dont get to raise our girl as long as we want, that someday we will be with her again.
-Joy is knowing that we can find balm for our souls in Gods promises to us.
-Joy is knowing that we will grow in our faith through this painful time.
This was just beautiful, heart wrenching, encouraging, real and so sweet. I love that we have this connection and so many updates during this time. It helps me to remember to pray and is such a comfort for those that are far away.
ReplyDeleteLove you dear Julie~
That was amazing Julie. Heartbreaking and uplifting knowing the hope we all have in God.
ReplyDeletePraying constantly for you and your whole family and that sweet little girl.
Thank you for sharing such personal thoughts, Julie. I've cried many tears and spent much time pleading with the Lord to heal your perfect baby and help lesson the pain you're all feeling. I am so impressed with the you and how you've handled everything. I love you and will keep praying.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this, Julie. I, too, have been in tears in prayer for you many times over these last few days. I have especially been thinking of you and your unborn sweetie, I'm sure you feel torn between taking care of yourself and each of your children. I so appreciate your transparency, and am praying for each of you.
ReplyDeleteIf you only knew all those who were crying with you. Words are cheap but my heart and prayers are with you. Love you lots.
ReplyDeleteKeep clinging to Him, Julie. Just keep holding tight, and know He is holding you.
ReplyDeleteHeart-wrenching!! We're praying for you all!
ReplyDeletePraying for you in Canada too Julie. I sent out a request for prayer at MEI (school where I work) and 3 teachers that remember you from VCS sent back replies that they are too in prayer for your family. Blessings and hugs.
ReplyDelete(grandma j is my mom in case you were wondering) i can't stop thinking about you all and crying throughout the day, and every time i do i pray over and over again, for a miracle. tristan is praying, too. he's reminded his brother several times to pray for baby taylor, and sam obediently bows his head, closes his eyes and prays for her. the other night after i looked at the photos of you giving taylor to the nurses, i just cried and cried and josh held me tight and prayed out loud for all of you. you are so very loved. i just wish that there was more we could do. so much love and so many prayers from us...
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this Julie! We are praying for you all so intensely. I think of you so much and your pregnancy with all of this... as I've thought of you all along so much with our close due dates... I just can't imagine what you're going through. I love you Julie, and I promise you my continued, desperate prayers.
ReplyDeleteOH, Julie, I'm so saddened to hear this news, but heartened by your faith as you tackle this next big thing together. I'll be adding my prayers to yours -- and sending big hugs along the way.
ReplyDeleteJulie, you are such a strong, wonderful woman and mother. I am so proud to know you and your conviction with Christ. Reading this gave me so much inspiration. Please know that my family is praying for yours. Your little 18 month old daughter is SO lucky to have a mother so devoted to God.
ReplyDeleteLori Marso
Dear Julie,
ReplyDeleteHello from Chuuk, Micronesia. All of us here are praying for Taylor and all of you. Your story has touched the hearts of so many all around the world. Little Taylor has brought people to their knees in many different countries. Many of them want to let you know they are praying, and trusting God for a miracle. May the Lord Jesus Christ grant you the desire of your heart, and heal your little daughter, Taylor~
love in Jesus,
Terry Colson
Dear Julie -
ReplyDeleteThis is indeed a beautiful testimony to God's grace in the midst of our difficulties.
We are praying for you and send our love.
Roberta and Clay Rooks (cousin of Grandpa Tom)