Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Blessings

When I look at her little face,
I no longer see cancer.
When I see her running through the house,
I only see a short, nearly three year old.
When I hear her loud (LOUD) voice,
Its unbelievable that last year she was so very sick.
When I see her chowing down at meal time,
Its weird to think back to the days of appetite stimulants, and the fight to get her to eat anything.
When I see her feisty spirit rear its head,
Its like a far away dream to think back to hospital days, when that spirit was what kept her going.

When I hold this small framed child in my arms,
I like to dream of her future.
When I rub my face on her hair,
I breath a prayer that it never again has to fall out.
When she runs to the door screaming in delight when I get home,
I beg God to never let that light leave her eyes again.
When I help her get dressed, I love to rub my finger along her scar, and thank God for the miracle that occurred that amazing day,
And I pray that she will never have to go under the knife again.

When I see our brave girl,
I see the one we hoped for, and prayed for, and fought for.
I see a miracle,
I see our blessing,
I will never cease to be thankful.

This Christmas season, we are enjoying our gift of "normalcy".
We are treasuring that all five of our children are enjoying the festivities.
Our Christmas miracle made her appearance on Christmas Eves, eve nearly three years ago,
She once again is our Christmas miracle- happy, healthy, and thriving.

We will always rejoice, and we will never forget what God brought us through.
Cancer was very much a part of our lives,
Cancer will be a normal word spoken in our home, and part of us... For the rest of our lives.
But this year, cancer isn't causing our heart to skip a beat.
This year, God gave us the gift of more time with our 'Tay-girl', we are so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Julie. This is beautiful. Praying for your family this Christmas, and so HAPPY for you all to be together and relax this year!! God has done amazing things in your lives!! :) Thank you for the adorable Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete