Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun at the Pond

I took the kids to the pond and we fed the ducks old bread. The kids thought it was great. There were some mean geese that were hissing at us (I think they were protecting some eggs). We met some kids playing at the pond with their Aunt. They told us that one of the geese attacked one of the little boys yesterday. I was keeping my distance from the geese but kept my distance even more after that. Me and the Aunt chatted while the kids all played. George was going crazy with love of the pond with all the tadpoles, bugs, snakes, turtles, and fish. PLUS there were the two boys to play with and they had some squirt guns, along with sticks, boy haven is all I have to say. Blondie got bored after the bread was gone until the boys sister showed up. Blondies pretty reserved when Goerge is playing with other boys.

Its just neat, I didnt know the Auntie of these kids at all, it was my first time meeting her. We had so much in common because of our relationship with Christ and our desire to follow him in ministry. I think its amazing when you meet someone, who knows someone you know (we both knew several people that the other knew). The "community of Christ" is a small but intimate one. Anyway, I had fun talking and the kids (especially George) had fun playing. George was so sad when we left. Spring and all that goes with it is great, I am thoroughly enjoying trips to the park and going on walks. I think we will take trips to the pond more often though that was a lot of fun. Soon we might see some baby geese swimming around with their momma. How fun would that be for the kids (and me!)?

2 comments:

  1. Great memories you're making there. I'm smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new pictures of the kiddos! I love the one of George - perfect!

    ReplyDelete