My husband went back to work yesterday. That was my official first day on my own since my surgery. I have to be careful to not overdue things, but I find my pain an annoyance. It gets in the way when Im trying to shut the door on our Suburban (big heavy door that you have to slam), or change diapers, nurse, pick things up off the floor, sneeze (OUCH), cough, get dressed, getting up from sitting down gracefully... Anyway, hoping the healing is speedy. R truly did the "stay at home Dad" thing last week. It was cute one day, the pain meds knocked me out so he had Surprise out in the living room so I could sleep. When I woke up and looked outside the bedroom he was walking around with Surprise in the carry pouch (snuggie) since she was fussy and he had things to do. Way to multi task sweetie! The only thing he didnt do as far as household duties go is have to cook all the meals. We got meals from church. He did have to cook a couple of them, and heat stuff up to feed the kids so he did some cooking. Actually he did some baking one day! He had the dishwasher humming before bed every night, the clothes were washed, the girls even had their hair done :o) He was great, so I can never complain and say "You dont know how busy it is to be a stay at home mom" Because he does, and he did it, and he did it well!
Other things going on... I got Surprises ears pierced. One thing I love about having a baby girl is getting their ears pierced. Its so stinkin cute, and so completely girly and sweet.
Blondie now has an obsession with Popeye, since she got a Popeye shirt. Shes so random :o)
George is way into our Wii. We got a Mario game a couple weeks ago and now he LOVES playing it... Before it wasnt hard to monitor how much he played because he liked the Wii but didnt want to play all the time. Now he does. So I use it as homework insensitive. Which works pretty good. He can play the Wii when he finishes school for the day.
Tiny has been saying two words together the past couple of days. Maybe she'll start talking?? It has only happened like three times but hopefully, yes shes starting to talk.
I hope you keep feeling better!!!! So glad R was such a great stay at home daddy. That's adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteI just have to smile as I read/hear about your hubby and how helpful he was/is. What a sweet and caring hubby!
ReplyDelete