Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The New Plan

So heres the plan... I started out very motivated to lose my pregnancy weight after Happy was born. A mere few weeks and I was doing my 30 Day Shred video. The problem was I had that pesky hernia which would flare up when I was exercising or picking up my kids. I had surgery in February and havent gotten the motivation to do much about the weight since then. A few weeks ago someone asked me if we knew if we were having a boy or a girl... blink, blink... ohhhh... *awkward*. That started the budding of the motivation. Then a very dear friend decided she was going to lose 20 lbs, hey I thought thats how much I want to lose too! So together we formed an accountability between each other (my husband is way to kind to be much help in the accountability area) and a goal. Our goal is to lose 20 lbs by September 1st. I know right?! Thats only 5 ish weeks away! Well we will reward ourselves really nicely if we make it. And if we dont, hey I would be happy to lose 10.

My plan to lose 20:
-Drink lots of water
-Eat breakfast (no donuts or Pop tarts), I have a hard time eating breakfast because thats my busiest time of day.
-Drink lots of water
-Limit my pop intake to one a day (if I say no pop I will fail... Ive tried stopping numerous times and have even stopped for 6 months only to drink it again)
-Ride my elliptical in the morning
-Drink lots of water
-Eat a light lunch (lunch is the meal that is usually mac and cheese or pbj's since R is sleeping) that is healthy, like a salad or something
-Drink lots of water
-Make a nice supper since R is up
-No more eating or snacking for the rest of the night
-After R leaves for work do my Pilate's video (which has been amazing for my lower back pain)
-Drink lots of water :o)
-Also I will limit my sweets to say 5 M&M's instead of a giant handful

Thats the plan! If I try to "diet" I will fail, so I thought a few healthy modifications to my lifestyle will probably do the trick (especially since Im nursing). So I will let you know if I lose the weight by September 1st!

4 comments:

  1. Ok here's how to stop the pop habit- don't buy it! I know I said it! But it's true. Just stop buying it and then you won't have a problem trying to not drink it. I never buy it for us and we only keep milk and water in the house because otherwise it's too great a temptation. That and ice cream & desserts. They're rare because I'd eat way too much.If you want to flavor your water here's a great "recipe"- http://www.theredheadriter.com/2011/07/water-recipe-and-facts-because-it-is.html Why invite the temptation in when you can just leave it at the door? One tip I heard is to not take seconds, and also eat on a salad-sized plate instead of dinner sized one. one big tip with water is to drink it 15 minutes before a meal, and also to eat your meal slower so you are full sooner. A good snack is trail mix. You still get some sweet but it's healthier and more filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great food to eat is egg whites (the yolks can add fat). an egg white omelet. i add s&p and a little seasoning salt or garlic. it's really good! You could also add some veggies too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan! So good that you have someone to help keep you accountable. Can't wait to hear if you meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a good plan. I think taking little steps leads to bigger steps and if it's not too hard, then your motivation will stay strong and have a better chance of succeeding! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete