Saturday, November 12, 2011

Transition

Three nights ago after a HORRIBLE night of sleep, on the heels of lots of bad nights of sleep, Happy got kicked out of our room. For some reason thats a transition that I fight with my babies, until it becomes a necessity. Once I finally give in and move the baby out my sleep is so much better! Anyway, her crib was right beside our bed and it was getting so that every time I rolled over while sleeping she would wake up and cry. If I ignored her at all she would sit up and scream while looking at me. Sometimes I would pull my head under the covers to trick her but it didnt work. The other night after getting up almost hourly I announced to my hubby that Happy needed to move to her own room. We picked up a baby monitor at Walmart and R moved the crib out of our room into Tiny's room. Then moved Tinys bed into Georges room. So Tiny and George are bunking together till Happy is consistantly sleeping through the night (which with all three of the other kids has been after I stop nursing). Blondie was rather put out that she didnt get to share a room with anyone, but I told her she doesnt know how to sleep in in the morning and George and Tiny do. It was funny, I heard her complaining to R about it and he said almost the same thing I did :o) Alas, its true. I dont need her waking Tiny up every morning. We've got a good thing going with the Good Nite Lite, we dont want to mess things up. Tiny was beside herself with excitement about sleeping in Georges room, she kept jumping and saying "Weeehooo!". Cute girl.

Another "transition" and one that I loathe is switching out the kids' clothes. Happy was needing to move up in size and Georges jeans and church pant were all about 2inches to short. Since I hate the clothes swap so much and so that I didnt have to do it twice I decided to switch out all four sets of kids' clothes. It took FOR-EVER. Several hours of working a day for THREE days! The house was a disaster zone. My sister let me "have" all her girl clothes that her girls grew out of. They thought they were done having kids, but since losing Linc they no longer are. Shes better at keeping her kids stuff stain free than I am (a PINK coat used by her kids looks brand new, my hubby was both impressed and baffled by this, he said, and I quote "Her kids used this? It looks brand new!"). I thought I better return her stuff just in case she has another girl someday. So I had to weed her stuff out and stick it in bags and take her things to the van to give back to her, take all the stuff (for all four kids) that was small down to the basement. Organize totes. Pull out all the next sizes, then hang up and put everything away. Then the shoes. My girls get hand me downs from my twin nieces. So there are always two sets of shoes. Our shoe closet had a four inch pile of shoes and sandals in the bottom of it. I finally sat down and pulled out the sandals, the second set of shoes (to keep for future use) and the sizes that werent being used. George saw the closet after I was done and said "Good job Mommy! The closet looks nice!" Haha, THATS how bad the shoe closet was.

Now the clothes organizing is done for another year *I hope* and Im getting better sleep at night. I will leave you with a recipe that leaves my mouth happy and watering for more. I was really excited to eat leftovers for lunch today!

Chicken and Dumplings:
4 Chicken breasts (I threw them in the crockpot frozen, so I think you can use thawed or frozen)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cubes of chicken bullion
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery (I didnt have cream of celery so I used cream of mushroom)
3 and a half cups of chicken broth
2 TB butter
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
10 oz biscuit tube

Put all ingrediants (except biscuits) in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. My soup was still really runny so I added a cup of water with a TB of flour to the soup mixture. Break up the chicken with a spoon. Cut biscuits and place on top of soup. Push them under the water. Cook for another hour.

Its sooooooo good!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's such a commitment to be a parent! (I thought I got very little sleep just being in college.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief to get it all organized! Time consuming but SO nice!!! We are a lot a like! Lol I wish I had Ang's organizational and clean kids clothing skills!! But alas someday.. maybe?? OH I try...

    I am SO making that chicken and dumplings! One dish I love but for some reason have never made!!! Have you ever tried crock pot liners? They are my favorite thing to use with crock pots because they are pretty decent priced and there is absolutely no mess involved!! Just put the liner in (it looks like a big bag) and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so glad you're getting better sleep!! I can't have my babies in my room because I just can't sleep when they're in there.

    I read your post last night, then went to bed and had a dream about sorting clothes - lol!!! I had found the most adorable dress for Natalie in the size she JUST grew out of! :( I guess it was a nightmare, lol. :)

    That's nice that you have room in your basement for the tubs, though - we have a storage shed outside, which is nice not to have to store stuff in the house, but kind of a mess when you have to sort clothes - I either have to drag the tubs in, wait for my husband to be home at a convenient time to drag them in (and back out), or sort in the nasty shed. Plus in the winter, the snow is too deep to open the shed door, so I just sorted all the clothes I *think* the kids should need until April... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I DISLIKE (a lot) organizing, too... :) But it DOES feel pretty good to get it done (when it does!) ;) BTW, that recipe sounds super yum!

    ReplyDelete