Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Good-bye Facebook

This morning, I woke up feeling BLAH.  What did I want to do first?  Check facebook.  I don't know about you, but facebook makes me feel good.  Im having a bad day?  No worries, I will just make some sort of status about it, and right away people will leave encouraging remarks.  Instead of facing the bad day, and taking it head on, I would hide in facebook-land.  I would get that pick me up comment, it would help for a little bit, but then the youngest would start a whining stint, and I again need help from facebook friends.  Before I know it, my whole day is spent on and off facebook.  What makes me sad is all those times that my sweet littles would want help with something, and I put them off while I finish reading someons status.  Whats heartbreaking is they know the drill and will stand there waiting, or just give up and run off to play.  Is that the kind of mom I want to be?  NO!  Is that how I want the kids to remember me, always having my phone in my face?  NO!  I am an all or nothing girl, and Ive tried setting boundaries... it never works.  Hence, this morning I wanted to have a facebook pick me up time, and was like "No, Im not doing this.  Good-bye facebook, for the entire summer"  I am going to enjoy my family, without my attention being divided.  Hey, I might not even want to start back up in September.  I seriously feel freed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment