When my parents lived out west, the church they attended had two little houses on the property. My parents lived in one and another family lived in the other. This other family had a daughter, who at the time was 7. My parents and her family lived in those houses for several years. Thus a lifetime friendship was sealed. The little girl, had no siblings, so my sister and I became her "big sisters". That little girl is now all grown up and getting married. She moved out here close to my sister and I, and truly is more than just a friend, she is our youngest sister. Two of my girls and two of my sisters boys will be the flower girls/ring bearers, and my sister and I are bridesmaids, in her wedding. Shes going to be moving way up north right after the wedding. When I think about M moving away it leaves a big ol lump in my throat. Our kids love her (and so do we!!). We are going to miss her so much. We had a tiny little personal shower for her on Saturday. It was a lot of fun :) During my time here on earth God sure has blessed me with some very deep friendships.
On Sunday we drove in the completely wrong direction to church. We were chatting away and all the sudden I was like "Umm, where are you driving to?". We were waaaaay off course. We live between R's job and our church. Both are 30 min away, but in opposite directions. R was headed to work, hahaha, he was pretty close to arriving there.
Sunday evening we ended up going to my aunt and uncles church. We went out for ice cream with them afterwards. I just love them so much. They have always been available anytime we need help. They were amazing during Happys treatment. They helped us to many times to count. Sigh... They are the sweetest.
Last night on the way home I said to Randy "Hey, do you want to play old school Mario with me when we get the kids in bed?!" He said "Sure!" And that folks is how we spent our Sunday night. Three hours of it.
Today when we were eating lunch Happy got super offended about something Sweets did. She said "Sweets! You aren't my friend anymore!" In an angry voice, and in the same breath she said "Sweets, do you want to be my friend?" in a non angry voice. I started laughing really hard, shes so funny.
My parents came out for the kids' Academy program. They had our dog Lasso while we tried to sell our house. Lasso is super protective of us, and every time someone came to the door she would blow a gasket. She doesn't bite, but would stand there and bark incessantly. It was really awkward. So they offered to take her until it sold. Since our house sold and they were coming out here for a visit they brought her along. The kids were eating breakfast and lamenting about how much they missed Lasso. I poked my head into the dining room and said "Lasso is coming back today!" They all started cheering, super loud, and saying "LASSO!!!!" and had the happiest faces ever! If I had known it would have been such a cute reaction I would have video taped it. I think the time away from us helped simmer Lasso down a little. She doesn't seem as high strung and needy as she used to be. I sure missed her every time I swept the kitchen after meals! I was pretty spoiled with that. She lost a bunch of weight and I think its all the food she was missing from the floor!
And now for potty training talk. That crazy boy of mine. He isn't completely trained, but hes so close. Today he took himself potty twice, AND, wait for it.... He went POOP by himself!!! He loves the chocolate chips I have in the cupboard, and will point at them, so today I said "When you go poop on the potty you can have some" so what did he do a half hour later? Yep, that's my boy :) The one I have been dreading potty training. Piece of cake I tell ya. He has been fiercely independent since exiting the womb, and its serving me well in this area. Other areas of life, it makes me want to pull my hair out, but I will take this. And lest you think hes an angel, I want to tell you about how irrational that kid can be. We ate at Fazolis the other day, and the workers gave each kid a free cookie. Sunnys broke. When it happened I was like "Ooooh no." Yep, he could not get over the fact that his cookie was broken. He kept whining and holding it up to me. And whining and holding it together. And whining some more. Then he put it on the table and crossed his arms and whined some more. Ugh. This is an isolated incident of daily incidents. That boy. Life is never, ever, boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment